Learning Objectives

Student Teaching Connections 
1. The power of planning. All of these reading are a reinforcement that planning and making that a priority will benefit us all in the long run. 

2. Plan for the assessment first then determine which is the best methods for instruction. I think this will be very helpful in student teaching/unit planning and using that backwards planning approach to determine my lessons. 

3. In the article about significant learning it discusses and shows this model of active learning and how it is made up experience, information & ideas, and reflective dialogue. This is an important reminder for me to make sure I have these components in my lessons, especially making sure I am intentional about fostering reflection for my students. 

Connections to Other Courses 
1. In 350, we did this lesson planning activity and based our plan off of our project/assessment which was a good example of backwards planning and how that can be utilized. 

2. These reading talked about a few theories, taxonomies, strategies, etc. related to planning effectively which connects me back to AEE 100 and AEE 311 as well as my Educational Psychology class when we talked about several other theories to help us be effective teachers. This further proved that you can’t just plan activities and hope they work there is a lot research and understanding students that go into that. 

Resource 
As I read through this week's readings and thinking about this week class, I found a resource that I think will be helpful when I head into lesson planning. 

Both of the UbD article and the one focused on significant learning talked about planning for assessment which made me think about how we need objectives to base our assessments off of. And the other reading drove right into the importance of objectives and why we need them. This made me think about how I have had to write objectives plenty of times, but how many times did I blindly write an objective just to make sure I had an objective. Going in to lesson planning I want to have objectives that I can effectively base my instruction and assessment off of because they are well thought out. https://tips.uark.edu/using-blooms-taxonomy/

Comments

  1. Great point for learning objectives! I feel like I don’t always put much thought into the objectives and it just becomes what the skills they should learn but they could always add more critical thinking skills in and be more meaningful. Something to keep in mind while we are writing our unit and lesson plans, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lacey,
    Thank you for sharing. I am sure the Arkansas resource will be helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lacey,

    Love how you made the connection to AEE 350 coursework this semester! It is cool to see how these courses overlap for a comprehensive preparation process. Also have to echo Dr. Foster's thoughts, as that Arkansas resource is great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Setting Expectations and Standing Your Ground

Our Students Matter