How I Got To Now

Welcome!

As I head into the second half of my Junior, I am starting to think about student teaching and heading into the classroom. Here on this blog I will be posting updates about my journey to the classroom and my student teaching experience. But first, I want to take a minute to introduce myself and how I got here. 

LEAD Society Trip to Montana

Hi, I am Lacey Walker, as I said I am currently a Junior at Penn State and I am majoring in Agricultural and Extension Education, as well as minoring at International Agriculture. During my time, I have been able to play rugby for the women's team, participate in clubs like Block Bridle and LEAD Society. I have also being able to work for the Global Teach Ag Network which has helped expand my global learning and as Ag Avenger which has helped push me outside of my comfort zone in planning workshops and starting to prepare me for the classroom. 


My time at Penn State has been great and has most definitely helped shaped me, but my love for agriculture and wanting to share it with others started way before that on my family farm. I was blessed enough to grow up on my family farm in small town rural southeastern, Pa. Growing up on the farm was one of the best things I could have asked;  it taught me the value of hard work among other things and I will forever be grateful. Summers spent taking care of my 4-H projects, riding in a tractor, and unloading hay gave me my love for agriculture and winters spent delivering baby goats, trekking to the barn to feed in a foot of snow, and watching my dad begin to plan for a new season of planting gave me appreciation for those rooted in farming and agriculture. 


I also spent 10 years in 4-H, where I showed goats, pigs, and dairy beef, which  continued to fuel my passion for agriculture. Seeing and experiencing all that 4-H did in my life is what led me to want to work with youth in agriculture and help the next generation understand where their food comes from. 

Thank you to everyone who has been apart of my journey this far! Also thank you for taking the time to read this and learn about me and my new adventure! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning Objectives

Setting Expectations and Standing Your Ground

Our Students Matter