What I want in a Cooperating Center

As I was tasked with making a list of my top schools for student teaching, I was overwhelmed and honestly did not know where to even start. As I began to talk to some of my professors and friends, I began to realize I had an idea of what I was looking for and a place where I would fit best at. With not growing up in an FFA program I felt like that made my decision harder since I did not have as much background information on many programs. However, that led to my highest priority in looking for a program and that is a strong and active FFA program. I truly do not care if there are 20 active kids or 200 kids, I just want them to be active in events, competitions, and in the community. Going along with that a program that does SAEs is important just so I can experience both of those things that I did not have in my high school.
Another thing, I want in the school I choose is a diversity of subjects and an opportunity to experience some type of ag mech. I would like to teach more than one topic area, so that I can teach topics that I enjoy, but also work on improving subjects I may be weaker in. Along with this, as a young female teacher I would like to have some experience in a shop setting in case I have to teach that later on. I would say those are the two big must haves of a program but some other things I would like is a program and school that has a supportive administration and community. I also think it would be nice to have a cooperating teacher that is a female or at least have a female ag teacher in the program in order to get their perspective and advice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning Objectives

Setting Expectations and Standing Your Ground

Our Students Matter